Degree / Coursedesde Grado 8 - 2º ESO
hasta Grado 12 - 2º Bach.
Most important city
Location Typeurban , rural
Program Languagesenglish and french
Maple Ridge-Pitt Meadows School District
The School District includes the Maple Ridge and Pitt Meadows areas, with a total population of 95,000. It is located at the foot of Garibaldi Ranges, near lakes and rivers, offering activities for outdoor sports lovers.
It is located 44 km (just 45 minutes) east of Vancouver and offers a wide variety of specific programs designed for international students: performing arts, recreational centers and sports clubs, including: soccer, baseball, athletics, etc.
All international students receive support in primary and secondary schools to help them with the acquisition of the English language. Each High School has a tutor to support international students in their academic and adaptation questions. All schools at Maple Ridge-Pitt Meadows enjoy the latest technology, allowing students to integrate technology as yet another tool into 21st century learning.
The District has its own host family accommodation program and all students are permanently cared for from the moment the plane lands until they leave.
Support all people in their development as successful students and as respectful, understanding and responsible members of society.
Each individual feels valued and that all students reach their potential.
- Responsibility to all students. We believe that everyone in our school district community has the ability to learn and that we are responsible for supporting their learning.
- Uniqueness of each individual. We value the uniqueness of each student and adopt various forms of learning. We encourage a variety of instructional methods and provide support to all students to realize their potential.
- Various learning opportunities. We value options for all students, equal access to all programs, and a holistic approach to learning. We encourage learning opportunities beyond the classroom. We support lifelong learning.
- Culture and community. We celebrate our many cultures and seek ways to appreciate and embrace diversity. We encourage interdependence and collaboration within the school district community. We value community partnerships.
- Personal and social responsibility. We cultivate a culture of protection within the community of our school district, and seek to develop the leadership and citizenship skills of all students.
- Great expectations of success. We believe that success is measured through credible evidence of learning and rigorous self-evaluation. We are committed to supporting all students to achieve personal success.